Handshake — Handshake, the University of Alabama’s on-line recruiting management system, allows 24/7 access job postings and on-campus interviews, view career fair information, and manage multiple resumes, cover letters, and other employment related documents.
Students and Alumni:
- View and request interviews from companies participating in on-campus recruiting.
- View Job & Internship postings
- View upcoming company information sessions.
- Opportunities to connect with students and alumni
- Post jobs on campus and review student submissions
- Choose to receive “online applications” directly from the system with current resumes attached
- Register for career fairs and on-campus recruiting
To participate in any of the following, please contact Linda Johnson.
- Participate in Student Organization Meetings
- Present a business case to a class
- Post job openings to CrimsonCareers
- Assist with mock interviews and resume critique events
- Be a mentor
- Host a job shadow
- Represent your company through involvement in employer panels
- Provide internship
Employers visit the University of Alabama campus throughout the year for special events and campus interviews. We would welcome an opportunity to introduce our students to you.
The Career Center at Culverhouse prides itself on pro-active recruitment. We have staff members professionally employed to create and maintain lasting relationships with businesses across the country. If you have any questions, please contact:
Career Center at Culverhouse
149 Bidgood Hall
Internships provide students with opportunities to enhance classroom learning through practical experience. Internships may be paid or unpaid, and may be full-time or part-time. Most positions are for one semester, though some are designed for longer periods. Internships can be found in most major areas of industry, including corporate and private business, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Internships provide students with opportunities to experience career interests as representatives of real-world businesses, gaining career clarity and developing important transferrable skills directly relevant to the industry.