Engage with employers and students alike and find the right opportunity for you.
Handshake, the University of Alabama’s online recruiting management system, allows 24/7 access job postings and on-campus interviews, view career fair information, and manage multiple resumes, cover letters, and other employment-related documents.
Students and Alumni:
- View and request interviews from companies participating in on-campus recruiting.
- View Job & Internship postings
- View upcoming company information sessions.
- Opportunities to connect with students and alumni
- Post jobs on campus and review student submissions
- Choose to receive “online applications” directly from the system with current resumes attached
- Register for career fairs and on-campus recruiting
- Check out our First Destination Report as of May 2020
The Career Center at Culverhouse offers the following engagement opportunities for employers:
- Participate in Student Organization Meetings
- Present a business case to a class
- Post job openings to Handshake
- Host office hours to meet students and talk to them about your company and opportunities
- Be a mentor
- Meet with students virtually or in-person for professional development programs or to market your organization
- Represent your company through involvement in employer panels
- Serve as a guest speaker in a professional development class
We have staff members professionally employed to create and maintain lasting relationships with businesses across the country. If you have any questions, please contact:
Linda Johnson, Director of Employer Development and Relations
Internships provide students with opportunities to enhance classroom learning through practical experience. Internships may be paid or unpaid and may be full-time or part-time. Most positions are for one semester, though some are designed for longer periods. Internships can be found in most major areas of industry, including corporate and private businesses, government agencies, and non-profit organizations. Internships provide students with opportunities to experience career interests as representatives of real-world businesses, gaining career clarity, and developing important transferrable skills directly relevant to the industry.